Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Eat Cheese...Get Cracker

Ellie is getting to the age where she is understanding right from wrong.
She is starting to understand cause and effect.
And she is starting to understand consequences.

At lunch one day, she asked me for more cheese.
"mo.  cheese.  pease."
So I got her some.

Well...she decided she didn't want to eat it.
In this house, if you ask for more of something, you are expected to eat it.
Or at least eat SOME of it.

To help her along in this lesson I placed an animal cracker on the table.
And a tiny piece of the cheese she was refusing to eat.
Thus began the epic battle of...
EAT CHEESE...GET CRACKER

Here is a pictorial view of this training session :-)
(please excuse the crumbs on the table - she's a messy eater)


"I want that Mommy"

"What?  I can't have that?"

"I have to eat that first?"

She ate the cheese! (after about 5-10 minutes of whining and crying and sitting quietly and contemplating)  And is enjoying her animal cracker!

"Whew...that was a lot of work."

"But so worth it!"



No comments: