Friday, December 9, 2011

Reindeer Cookies


I made these cuties for a cookie exchange today at my playgroup.
I know all the mommy's will be fighting over them ;-)
Actually...I think they might be pretty popular with the kiddos too.

I got inspired from Pinterest.
It should be called Inspirest...Inspiredest...Inspirethee...Inspiroroni...
well...maybe it shouldn't be called that.

The original blog post can be found here at Bakergirl.

Here are some tips in case you want to make these yourself.

* I used the premade dough roll and I aint ashamed to admit it!  There is therefore no condemnation when it comes to saving time during the holiday season.  Can I get an Amen?!
* The pretzels are Keebler's Right Bites fudge pretzels. They come in a box with six snack packs.
* I bought one box of the good pretzels and then bought a bag of non-chocolate coated pretzels for the rest of the batch I made...to save moolah :-)
* I could not find mini M&M's to save my life at Target.  So I went with plan B.  Chocolate chips point down for the eyes and red cinnamon candy balls for the nose (they were in the baking aisle).
* The regular pretzels didn't stick so well in the cookie.  So I used my newly acquired icing piping bag and little round tip from my cake decorating class (a future post waiting to happen) to pipe a small line of icing on the cookie then jabbed the pretzel on top.
* Follow the 1 inch ball guideline!  I didn't follow that rule with my first batch and they all came out too big.  The smaller the cuter they are!

Be sure to send me a pic of your reindeer if you make some!
And I will feature you on my oh so popular blog! ;-)

No comments: