Friday, August 26, 2011

Comparison Es No Bueno

I was able to attend the Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit this year.  There were amazing speakers!  Like really amazing!  I was tempted to shout out loud AMEN! a few times, but just felt too white to do it.

Anyways, the quote that I heard at the Summit that will forever be engrained in my brain came from Steven Furtick, a pastor in Charlotte, NC. (btw...the pic on the top of his blog major creeps me out...makes him look like one of those tv healers...glad I saw that AFTER hearing him speak)

Here's the quote:
"We compare our 'behind-the-scenes' with other's 'highlight reel'."

Can I get an AMEN!?

Isn't that SO true?!

Love this video :-)



BTW!!!  Can I give a huge shoutout to my hubby for adding a Facebook Like button to my blog.  I "Like" him :-)

Yup...that's me in the background.  Maybe I should have used this pic yesterday ;-)

No comments: