Thursday, November 17, 2011

Embrace the Camera - Thailand Style

Even while in Thailand, I was able to Embrace the Camera with my kids!

We Skyped with them almost every day.
The time change (12 hours) made it difficult...
but we would try to catch them while they were eating breakfast...
or right before they went to bed.

This is me and Ellie on a Skype call :-)

And that is how you Skype with an 18 month old.
Make funny faces and tell her that you love her :-)

I was SO thankful for technology while we were half way around the world...
LITERALLY!

my babies on another Skype call

We were on the search for free wifi every where.
I had to stay connected for my own sanity.
My kids were like a billion miles away and I HAD to be within an email away from them.
I couldn't stand the thought of not being able to know how they were doing.

Here we are taking advantage of free wifi at a Starbuck's at a mall.

This is me Skyping on my iPhone in a coffee shop in another mall.
Did I mention there were a lot of malls in Bangkok??
Steve had to shoosh me a few times...
I had my earbuds in and was probably making silly noises a little too loud ;-)
But I didn't care!
I was talking to my babies!

I can't even imagine what it was like being in foreign countries years ago away from your family.
before internet...
before email...
before Skype...
When all you could do was make a super expensive phone call or write a letter.
Wow.
Thankful for technology.
And now I'm thinking of Napoleon Dynamite :-)

Joining Emily with ETC

4 comments:

Wendy said...

It really is amazing! What fun pictures and memories!

Melissa said...

What awesome pictures! That first one is so cute!

emily anderson said...

LOVE THIS! that first picture is so great :)

sounds like you had a good trip---glad you got to go!

milliemorganmedia said...

So cute! Great pictures! I am your newest follower! I'd love it if you followed me back! Please come check my blog out at http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com/