Wednesday, November 23, 2011

One More from Thailand...

First of all...
I would like to blame jet lag on my lack of posting.

I usually write my posts at night and schedule them to appear in the morning.
But when you fall asleep on the couch every night shortly after putting the kids to bed...
wake up in the middle of the night fully clothed with your contacts still in and all the lights on...
stumble to the bathroom to get ready for bed...
and then lay awake in bed for an hour, because your body is like "ummm...didn't we just do this?"
then you don't get a lot of posts written :-(

I had one more Thailand post I wanted to share with you all.
But before that...
my friend started a blog
and thought it would be hilarious to post a video
of my hubby trying to feed me a food that terrified me - remember that post?
I did not know she was recording me...so that is the real Cheryl right there lol...
check it out here - ABCs and Frozen Peas

And now on to the last (I think) Thailand post...

Thai Modes of Transportation

This is a tuk tuk.
It's one of the most famous modes of transportation in Thailand.



This is Steve and I riding in a fancy tuk tuk.
Our hotel had one that would drive you down to the skytrain station for free.



Speaking of the Skytrain...
it is an elevated train like a monorail...but not really



This is me on my hot pink Thai phone trying to navigate the Skytrain map.



One mode of transportation we did not participate in was what I like to call a truck bus...
very unique.


There were about 200 gazillion (I counted) mopeds everywhere.
And apparently they have no rules.
They just zig zag through traffic...
somtimes going the wrong way on the street...
and push their way to the front...
like this...


We took cabs a lot.
So thankful English is pretty well known in Bangkok!
Made getting around in the cabs so much easier.
Here we are trying to tell a cab where we need to go...



And the most fascinating of all modes of transpor-tay-shee-owns
THE THAILAND CARTSCELATOR!


Seriously...fascinating.



2 comments:

Judy said...

We have cartscelators here - the Target at Grossmont is a 2-story and has one!!

Kim said...

Yes the Sodo Target has a cart escalator too, but it's different than this one. It hooks into the bottom of the cart I think, and there is a normal people escalator next to it (so you're not riding directly up with your cart).

The video of you wasn't too bad...I was expecting screaming at least. I guess Steve didn't torture you too much. :)