Monday, November 14, 2011

Thailand...Where to Begin...



My hubby and I on the streets of Bangkok

We're back!
I thought I might blog while in Thailand...but obviously that didn't happen.
We were too busy at the conference.
And it didn't help that jet lag was zonking me out around dinner time every day.
BTW...jet lag is some serious stuff!
There's a 12 hour time difference between here and there and my body knew it!

Tomorrow is the first day of real life again.
My family went home today and Steve goes back to the office tomorrow.
I will be in charge of the kids all day and I'm praying I stay AWAKE!

I'm not really sure what to share about the trip with you all.
There's so much.
But I don't want to bore you.
Maybe I'll do a couple posts about things I learned or found out about the country.
How's that sound?
That sounds wonderful Cheryl. You always have such great ideas ;-)
You're so kind.

Here we go!

Most people in Thailand know some English.
We were SO grateful for that!...
considering I only knew how to say "thank you" and "hello" in Thai
that can only get you so far in a foreign country
I did not meet one person who knew no English...taxi drivers, waitresses, shop owners.
BUT...their English not always so good ;-)

stationary display in a store

Food and Drik?  And I'm not sure I want to try some Steak Coffee.


Bangkokians
(I think that's what they would call themselves if they had to choose)
LOVE them a good mall!
My goodness they have many massively big malls in the city.
And there are street vendors EVERYWHERE!
shopping shopping and more shopping
This is an IT Mall.  5 floors of ONLY electronics and IT related products!

This is my hubby taking a picture of himself as happy as can be in the IT Mall ;-)  Love ya, Honey!

Night Street Market outside a train station - I bought a necklace for less than 2 bucks here :-)

Seacon Square - next door to our hotel - 5 full floors of shopping shopping shopping
street vendors lined the streets with these green tarps
Terminal 21 - 6 floors of shopping heaven - themed to be an airport - each floor was a different destination (San Francisco, Istanbul, etc.)
And those are only the ones I took pictures in!
There were many more!

Stay tuned tomorrow for "Food that terrified me!"

No comments: