Friday, October 28, 2011

Travel Apps - Thailand

Is this not the busiest time of year?!
Goodness gracious.
If it isn't a Fall Festival...it's an oppurtunity for my girls to wear their costumes.
And you know I'm going to show those off as much as I can!

And did I mention that Hubby and I are going to Thailand on Saturday?!
As in...tomorrow!
Umm..ya.
We're kinda busy.

I was worried that our trip might get cancelled.
There is flooding in Bangkok right now with more on its way.
The leaders of the conference we're helping to run have been in prayer about it...a lot.
As of this moment...we're still going.
The area our hotel is in and the airport are still bone dry.
Hoping it stays that way for the next couple weeks!

So you might be seeing some blog posts from Thailand next week!
ooo getting all International on ya!

With that being said.
I wanted to share a travel app tip.
My hubby tracked down one really cool one that I'm sure we'll use in Thailand.

The Tourism Authority of Thailand developed this one.
Makes me think that a lot of other countries and cities may have similar apps.
Make sure to research that before your next trip.
There might be a really useful app just waiting for you!


Speak Thai

It translates over 2500 words and speaks in Thai for you.
Now when I need to go potty...
I just find "Where are the restrooms?"
and the app will ask for me.
phew...that's a relief (horrible pun intended) :-)

I'm off to finish packing and prepare myself to leave my babies for 2 whole weeks.
{sigh}
I mean...I'm not one of those moms that misses their kids when they're sleeping
or anything crazy like that ;-)
I'll be ok.
But I'm pretty sure I will miss them while I'm half way around the world.
Yikes!
{deep breath}


I mean...seriously?!


No comments: