Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Silhouette Necklace

About a month ago I posted about some craft projects I was "itching" to do.

Well...
I made the necklace!
And I bought the paint for the pumpkin...so that almost counts ;-)

The playgroup I'm a part of tries to have a Mom's Night Out once a month.
Last month we did a craft night and all made silhouette necklaces using this tutorial.


my finished product

WARNING: cutting out the tiny silhouettes is crazy hard...BUT doable.
I made the Ellie one and then gave up.
I thought "I'll get hubby to cut out Anna for me."
Well, he gave it a try.
Handed me his finished product and said "I don't know if this looks like Anna or not."
I laughed and said "It looks like a muppet."
So I got er dun.

Here's my Ellie on the left and Anna on the right.
I think it actually looks like them...right?


And here it is making its debut at the Fall Festival at our work.  We were on a hay ride :-)

Anna's is flipped over...sad.  But it looks cute nonetheless!

Wish I had taken a pic of everyone else's necklaces at our Mom's Night Out!
I was too busy trying to stop myself from cursing at the tiny scissors ;-)

No comments: