Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thailand!

Did you know that the hubby and I are going to Thailand in less than 2 weeks?!
I know...crazy...right?!

The last time I traveled internationally
(except the Caribbean and Mexico and Canada...but those don't really count)
I was 13 and a freshman in high school.
That was quite a LONG time ago.

13 year old Cheryl in Spain with big bangs and glasses to match

You might be wondering...where exactly is Thailand?!
That's the question I asked myself when I heard we'd be going there lol
So...I googled it.
and BTW...it's a 26 hour travel day to get there
...yes...
26 hours of planes and airports
[deep breath]
so if you have any great book suggestions...I'm wide open!

We will be going to Bangkok, which is the capital.  Map from here.

My hubby and I will be helping run a conference there.
People will be coming from all over the world to talk about Internet Ministry.
More info on that here.

There was no way we were traveling
literally half way around the world
without checking out the country a little.
So we're staying a few days after the conference ends to experience Bangkok.

[in case you were wondering...
my fam is coming to Orlando to watch the kids for us...
26 hours on planes with a 3 year old and 18 month old...
and trying to navigate a foreign country with little ones...
NO THANK YOU ;-)
...at least not this time]

Here's a little taste of what I hope we get to see.
It seems like such a neat mix of old and new.


Source: flickr.com via Cheryl on Pinterest


Source: ishs.org via Cheryl on Pinterest


Have you ever been to Bangkok?  If so, have any tips for us??

2 comments:

Judy said...

The Amazing Race is supposed to be in Bangkok this week.

Cheryl said...

ooo will definitely have to watch it this week!