Monday, October 3, 2011

Chalkboard Jar Thank You Gift

Before our road trip to CO, I wanted to make a few thank you gifts for people who were hosting us on our trip out there.

I was in a chocolate making phase and so I decided on this idea.

It's so easy...it's ridiculous!

Here's what you'll need:
Jars - I got them at Hobby Lobby 50%...score!
Black Chalkboard Paint - Hobby Lobby
Painters Tape - already had some
Chalk - Hobby Lobby
Sweet Treats - made them myself

I already had a lot of the supplies, so I think it just cost me a couple dollars per jar.
I love high impact, low cost, low work projects! ;-)

These pics are from my phone...sorry for the low quality...sad.


I just taped off an area on the jar and followed the directions on the chalkboard paint and painted away!

 

I made some yummy treats and stuck them in there!
You could easily fill it with just about anything...cookies, toys, nuts, fruit...

 

Of course I didn't get any pictures after I wrote "Thank You!" on the chalkboard area :-(
But I think you get the idea!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what goes on the black spot!!!
G