Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Weekly Meal Plans

First of all, I would like to just say that I am not a cook.  I don't particularly like to cook, I'm not creative with cooking, I just don't enjoy any of it that much.  With that being said, I have found a way to motivate myself to cook dinner and thought I'd share it with you.

I've started planning our meals out for the week.  Whoa!  I know...it's mindblowingly genius.  But I can't take credit for it...lots of people do this.  I am a huge planner and love lists and schedules and being organized.  So this totally fulfills a need I have.

Every week I sit down with my little weekly notepad and my grocery list notepad.  I also have my calendar open so I can take in to account if we need to make a quick meal one night, because we have something to do after dinner.  I then write down what meals we are going to have each night. I usually enlist Steve's help with making the choices.  Then I write down all the ingredients needed for the week on my grocery list notepad. 

Every day I can look at my pretty little notepad on my refrigerator and know what's expected of me and I like that :-)


Can you find my weekly notepad and grocery list??  We like things...ummm eclectic here :-)


FYI - those of you with iPhones... There is a great free App called allrecipes.com Dinner Spinner that makes it super easy to find meal options.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love meal planning too! It helps me so much with ingredient planning as well, i.e. if I already have cheese, I don't need to purchase it again for a new recipe. Good job Cheryl!

By the way, I love using recipes from kraftrecipes.com. You can actually choose recipes and it will populate your list for you. You just have to add in other staples that aren't in a particular recipe and you can delete something if you already have it.

Rene G

Cheryl said...

That's great Rene! I'll have to try kraftrecipes.com some time.

Sarah Boehm said...

I just downloaded it and I'll have to make some of the recipes. What I've always wanted was a program you could enter ingredients you have in your house and it generates a meal from what you entered. Because I'm usually short one or two things in recipes and I'm never sure if I can substitute something and it will still taste good.

Cheryl said...

Sarah - I'm sure there's an App for that :-) Isn't there an App for everything :-)